About the Festival:
Each year, thousands of Atlantans welcome in the spring weather at The Atlanta Dogwood Festival - one of Atlanta's most popular annual festivals. Hundreds of artists come to display their sculptures, paintings, pottery, jewelry, photography and more. Strolling through row upon row of artists' booths while enjoying the spring sunshine is truly the highlight of the festival for many attendees. The 2013 Dogwood Festival will feature a Saturday night concert by country music artist Sara Evans. General admission to the concert is free!
The kid's village has fun activities like a rock climbing wall, inflatables and face painting.
You can also fill up on fair food, choosing from dozens of classics like funnel cakes and gyros.
Dog lovers will be excited to see the qualifier competition for a disc dog tournament, held in the meadow on Saturday and Sunday afternoon
Dogwood is the biggest and the best on the Atlanta festival circuit folks. If you're going to make the trip intown for only one event this year, this is the one (of course, I also love the Inman Park Festival, and highly recommend that one as well!).
When, Where & Getting There:
The 2013 Dogwood Festival will be help April 19 - 21 in Piedmont Park.
Festival hours are as follows:
- Friday, April 19: noon - 10 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Sunday, April 21: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Note: Artist market closes at 7 p.m. on Friday & Saturday. Notice the later hours this year!
The festival covers most of the park, and since it's a free festival there are many entrance points.
Due to road closures (for the festival) and increased traffic, your best bet is to take Marta to The Dogwood Festival. It's just a short walk from the Midtown Station at 10th Street - and you can't get lost, just follow the crowd! There is also a shuttle service to and from both the Midtown and the Arts Center Marta stations.
If you are driving to the festival, you can park in the Sage parking facility (entrance off Monroe Drive) or in the Campanile Parking Deck at 1155 Juniper Street (Juniper behind 14th St Playhouse, one block from the park). The Marta shuttle also runs to the Campanile deck.
Helpful Hints on Attending The Dogwood Festival:
- No dogs are allowed at the festival (this is due to city regulations and is the case at most large events, so don't hold it against them!). The Piedmont Park Dog Park will be open - you must enter off Park Drive and keep pets out of the festival area.
- ATMs are available on site
- Outside food and drink are not allowed - but, come on, the festival food is one of the best parts of Dogwood! Alcohol is also available for purchase.
Location in Limbo - A Brief History:
The festival was approved to return to Piedmont Park in 2009.