Opened in the summer of 2013, the SkyView Ferris Wheel is one of Atlanta's most exciting attractions. Located downtown near the World of Coca-Cola, the aquarium, and several other major Atlanta attractions, SkyView is the perfect addition to the downtown entertainment district.
SkyView is 20 stories high and visitors will ride in the comfort of a private, air-conditioned gondola. The gondola is an egg-shaped pod that holds up to six people. There are benches to help you comfortably enjoy your ride, and the gondola is clear so you have an unobstructed view of the city around you.
Each ride (or flight, as they call it) lasts for around 15 minutes and you'll do at least four rotations - trust me, you need one just to get your bearings and get rid of the butterflies in your tummy!
- Thinking of visiting SkyView? Here are a few things you might want to know to make the most of your visit:
- SkyView is located at the south end of Centennial Olympic Park. Don't forget to run through the fountains in the park before heading home! We recommend doing this after your visit to SkyView!
- SkyView is open daily, so there's no shortage of options for visiting. The best views will be in the daylight, but a sunset ride could be fun, too! Visiting late night? Think of how neat the city will look all lit up. Operation hours are: Monday – Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Thursday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – Midnight; Sunday: Noon – 10 p.m. Occasionally SkyView may not b be able to operate due to weather.
- Ticket pricing is just: $13 for Adults, $12.15 for Seniors and Military Personnel, and $8.50 for children (children ages 2 and under are free).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult during their ride.
- SkyView has a parking lot located just two blocks away at the corner of Luckie St. and Cone St. Parking will cost $5. There is lots of other parking available in the area, or you can hop on Marta and use the Peachtree Center or Philips Arena/GWCC/Dome stops.
- SkyView is wheel chair accessible
Private Events and the VIP ride:
SkyView offers a VIP gondola. With the VIP experience you get to skip the line and fly in a special tricked out gondola with leather seats and a glass floor. Up to five friends can enjoy the VIP experience at a time (as opposed to six in a regular gondola). If you are hosting a private party, SkyWheel also offers VIP party areas!