The Bottom Line
The Bureau is a new addition to Atlanta's growing list of gastropubs, serving elevated pub food in relaxed surroundings. The multi-level establishment features a street-level restaurant and art gallery and a basement bar with a free billiards table. Exposed brick walls, dark, rich wood and plush leather couches give the space a comfortable, upscale vibe.
- The restaurant serves hard-to-find comfort foods like poutine
- The basement bar has a free billiards table
- A comfortable environment features couches and Jaxx Loungers
- Free valet across the street
- Some may be put off by the "edgy" Edgewood Ave. location
- The Bureau is located at 327 Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
Mon-Thu 5:00 p.m.-2:30 a.m.
Fri-Sat 5:00 p.m.-3:00 a.m.
Sun 5:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
- For more info, you can reach them at (678) 732-0067.
- The attached art gallery is available for events.
Guide Review - The Bureau Restaurant and Bar - Closed
Whether you're in search of creative, filling food or a casual yet sophisticated bar to grab a drink, The Bureau delivers a unique experience in Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward.
Friends slide in to large, secluded booths and start with interesting appetizers like chicken liver toast or bone marrow ravioli before moving on to entrees including classics like a gourmet cheeseburger or adventurous items like the cider braised pig cheek.
Near the upper level bar in the back of the long, narrow dining area, diners will find themselves facing an attached art gallery displaying contemporary works and adding and unexpected twist to a the upscale pub environment.
The basement billiards lounge opens up with a large, U-shaped bar as the centerpiece. Scattered around the room are a mix of large, high-top tables or the more relaxed leather sofas, chairs and Jaxx loungers, similar to an oversized beanbag chair, begging for you to sink in and stay a while. The environment encourages mingling as old and new acquaintances challenge each other to a round of billiards.
The Bureau creates a space where guests will feel welcome and cozy and ready to share stories over a warm meal or a cool brew.