Best Patios for a Casual Meal
Looking to grab a burger or maybe enjoy a leisurely brunch? Try out some of these casual restaurants with great patios.
- Park Tavern - Perhaps one of Atlanta's most popular patio spots, Park Tavern overlooks Piedmont Park and is always a lively spot. The brunch waits can be long, but there's a bloody mary bar up front to hold you over. Sunday nights in the summer, enjoy free concerts at Unplugged in the Park.
- Holy Taco - Located in East Atlanta Village, Holy Taco has a large patio - partially covered - strong margaritas, killer guacamole and excellent views of the neighborhood.
- Leon's Full Service - Leon's is a Decatur hotspot where pretty much every seat in the house is great. Whether you're in the intimate dining room, on a stool at the bar (on nice days, the bar area is open air) or sitting on the patio, a good time will be had by all. Their locally-focused casual food offers lots of options, and their specialty cocktails rock.
- Six Feet Under (both locations) - Hit up either the original Six Feet Under in Grant Park or the newer location in West Midtown, and you'll find one of the best outdoor dining spots in Atlanta. Both restaurants have a signature rooftop patio where the masses enjoy oysters, fried seafood and cold beers.
Best Patios for Grabbing a Beer
Want to sit for hours and enjoy some drinks with friends? Try these popular outdoor drinking spots. Don't forget the sunscreen!
- Midway - Located in East Atlanta, Midway is a hit with the patio crowd. They have a massive craft beer selection, or you can take it to the next level with whiskey flights. Also popular for brunch. There is a large outdoor TV on the patio for major sporting events.
- Brewhouse - People watching can't get much better than sitting in the heart of Little Five Points, one of Atlanta's most eclectic neighborhoods. Spend an afternoon at Brewhouse where you'll throw back some beers and watch the crowds roll by.
- Cypress Street Pint and Plate - Cypress Street Pint and Plate has great bar food, a large craft beer selection and an excellent patio. Friendly service, games like Connect Four, and a TV showing the big game make this a prime Midtown spot for outdoor drinking.
The Best Patios for Date NightsLooking for intimate al fresco dining? Here are the best outdoor dining picks for date nights.
- Fritti - Fancy pizza and red wine on a patio in one of Atlanta's hippest neighborhoods, Inman Park? Fritti is an excellent pick for a not-too-fancy but still romantic date night. In the summer, their patio is open.
- Apres Diem - Apres Diem and their outdoor patio in Midtown Promenade has a distinctly European feel. Busy and festive at night, it's the perfect spot for grabbing some dessert with coffee or wine.
- Anis Bistro - A converted cottage in Buckhead, Anis has a cozy little candlelit patio and an impressive, but not stuffy, French bistro menu that oozes date night charm.