Looking for antique shopping in Atlanta? Once a month, two large warehouses in South Atlanta are filled to the brim with fantastic treasures and antiques for the Scott Antique Market. It is the world's largest monthly antique market, and you can certainly spend an entire day browsing the collected art, furniture, jewelry and housewares at Scott Antique Market. Over 2800 vendors bring their wares each month.
The market is a great destination for furniture and larger pieces like rugs. You won't find a lot of small decor items, china or other home accessories. One of the neatest areas is the salvage yard. This is home to old house parts - doors, windows and other pieces of architectural detailing saved from beautiful old houses that have been damaged, torn down or remodeled. Refinish the pieces for your own home or get creative and repurpose them for other uses.
Scott Antique Market is held at the Atlanta Expo Centers at:
3650 Jonesboro Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30354
3 Miles East of Atlanta Airport
1 mile East off I-75 on I-285 at Exit 55 (Jonesboro Rd.)
The Atlanta Expo Centers split I- 285, so either a right or a left turn off of the Exit ramp onto Jonesboro Road will get you there.
What You Need to Know:
- Scott Antique Market is held the second weekend of each month.
- Hours are Friday & Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Don't forget that there are two expo centers to visit. You'll need to drive the couple of blocks between them.
- Admission is $5 per person. Hang on to your ticket for admission to the second expo center. Admission is good all weekend long.
- Food and snacks are available from several vendors throughout the market.
- If you're looking for large pieces, go hunting early in the weekend so you can plan for and return with a vehicle large enough to transport your purchases.