If you are injured or disabled and require a special parking permit (placard), you can obtain a permit from the Department of Revenue either by mail or at your local tag office.
Time Required: 10 minutes plus notary and processing time
- Download the MV-9D Disabled Person's Parking Affidavit from the Department of Revenue website.
- Complete the form in full. Be prepared to provide your driver's license information if applying for a Disabled Person's License Plate.
- You will need to choose a temporary permit (up to 180 days), permanent permit (renewed every four years), special permit (for vehicles with hand controls) or a license plate. The Disabled Person’s License Plate is $20. All other permits are free of charge.
- You will need to indicate the type of disability of injury you have.
- The form must be signed by a licensed doctor. You must also have the form notarized before returning it to the Department of Revenue.
- Return the completed form to your local tag office or mail it to Georgia Motor Vehicle Division, P. O. Box 740381, Atlanta GA 30374-0381 to receive your permit.
- The vehicle owner information is only required when applying for a license plate. You do not have to own a vehicle to obtain a parking permit.
What You Need
- Completed MV-9D Disabled Person's Parking Affidavit
- Notarized physician's signature (on affidavit)
- Qualifying injury or disability