Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) - General Information:
Hartsfield is home to a number of major airlines, including Delta, and has the distinction of being the world's busiest airport. Located 10 miles south of downtown Atlanta, Hartsfield-Jackson has 151 domestic and 28 international gates.
Terminals and Concourses at Hartsfield:
- North Terminal - Check-in and ticketing for Air Canada, Air Jamaica, AirTran, American Airlines, British Airways, Continental, Frontier Airlines, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Midwest, Northwest, Spirit Air, United, US Airways and Wings Air
- South Terminal - Check-in and Ticketing for Aero Mexico, Air France and Delta Airlines
- Concourses A - D are used for domestic travel.
- Concourse E is the International concourse
- Concourse T, also known as "The T-Gates," is home to a few gates but is more frequently visited for baggage claim and ground transportation
Public Transportation to Hartsfield:
Marta rail system's south line runs directly in to the airport near the baggage claim area. Greyhound Flightlink is located on the lower level of the north terminal and offers bus service to various cities.
Taxi Service at Hartsfield:
Taxis are fairly plentiful, available on a first come, first serve basis and accessible in the red bus aisle outside of baggage claim.
Taxi Fee Structure - Business District
Flat Rate Zone from/to the Airport
- Downtown $30
- Buckhead $40
- Midtown $32
*$2 charge for each additional person
Driving Directions From Downtown Atlanta to Hartsfield::
I-85/75 is one interstate known as "The Connector" through downtown Atlanta. From The Connector:
- Take Exit #242 "Atlanta Airport/Montgomery" (I-85 South)
- Travel approximately 3 miles
- Take Exit #72 "Camp Creek/Atlanta Airport" off of I-85
- Follow Atlanta Airport signs to Terminal North or South
Hartsfield Airport Parking:
Passengers can plan ahead and check the status and availability of airport parking before leaving for the airport.
Hourly Parking is located directly in front of each terminal. These lots are designed for easy, short term access such as dropping off or picking up passengers.
Rates: $1 per hour (first 2 hours); $2 per (next 4 hours hrs); $28 per day (after 6 hours); $28 per day (each additional day).
Daily Parking is available in covered parking deck.
Rates: $2 per hour; $14 per day.
Economy lots are open parking lots located behind the Daily Parking deck.
Rates: $2 per hour; $10 per day.
Gold & Silver Reserve Parking are available for those who prefer to purchase a dedicated spot close to the terminal entrance.
Gold Rates: $3 first hour; $1 each additional hour up to $24 per day
Silver Reserve must be applied for in advance online.
Park & Ride
Offsite Park & Ride is available and a shuttle to the airport is provided.
Rates: $2 per hour; $9 per day.
All rates subject to change without notice.